Home Islam WebCast Forum Articles MultiMedia eCards

Islamic Library Quran Hadith Bible

Be notified of: Free Islamic GIFTS ! Islamic Competitions ! Special Islamic Promotions ! New Videos/Books/Articles/Etc And Much Much More !

Forum Conduct GuidelinesConduct Guidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Profiles Of Islamic Mentors

Free gift for all new members. Register/log in to receive your free gift

muslim born compare to born in a non muslim family

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emortals

Non-muslim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: muslim born compare to born in a non muslim family Reply with quote

Brothers,

Assalamu Alaykom

My name is Moustafa from Australia. I got a tricky question.. a non-muslim interested in islam has asked me the following:

"Muslims born in a muslim family have an advantage over a non-muslim born in a non-muslim family. So how is this fair since the muslim has a better chance of being guided to the right religion"

I understand both muslims and non muslims have to find the truth anyway but is there an answer to how this is fair?

I hope you can shed some light on this.

May allah raise your status in jannah inshallah for your efforts.

kind regards,
Moustafa.
rms

Muslim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

salam to my brothers and sisters in islam.i would like to tell u of my own experience being born in a muslim family in a muslim country.it is not as good as it seem as born muslims take their faith for granted.alhamdullilah,my father repented and help us all back to the right track.it was hard to convince us as we were already a non practicing teenages at that time.but slowly we change by praying together,changing our attire etc.but not all come back to the right teaching of islam.most of our neighbours are still lost and take islam only during nikah or death.not all muslims born do their prayers.here in malaysia they fast during ramadan and do good but after ramadan most go back to what they have been doing.they don't pray 5 x a day.socialize between men and women.drink alchohol and alot of bad things.so just count your blessings as hidayah from god cannot be inherited even if your father is the imam.you just have to seek knowledge regardless if u are a born muslim or just discovered islam.i hope we will all equipe ourselves with knowledge so we become strong in our faith and help each other to be good muslims.
myriam

Muslim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as Salaam
what rms said is very true, as for me I'm arab, a born muslim that grew up in a non-muslim enviroment actually grew up christian (my mom's believe). One can be a muslim by birth but he will not get deen and Iman by being a born muslim. I found Iman in very very complex ways that can only come from Allah Subhanahu wa t'ala Glory be to HIM alone!!

maybe the advantage in my situation was that since I was a muslim (even only by name) I always felt close to muslims, I remember defending covered sisters, when I was still very young because I rememberd that my grandmother used to cover. I loved the arabic language (even though I can't speak it) and I was very attracted to the religion just didn't have noone that ever made da'wa to me. All I ever knew and said whenever I was sceared or sometimes before I went to sleep was something my aunt back in algeria told me: whenever you go to sleep lift up your right index finger and say "the shahada" and when you die you'll go to paradies! and I didn't even know what it ment but it just felt good saying it...

Insha'Allah please make dua for the rest of my family members to revert to Islam so that they can be with me in Jannah Insha'Allah t'ala
Ahmad Al Ajmy

Muslim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salaam ...

In reply to your request, Let us see the Best of Examples from the ONE who is BEST at giving examples :

BORN INTO MUSLIM FAM BORN INTO NON MUSLIM FAM

1. Abel & Caine Ibrahim A.H.S
2. Lut AHS's Son & Wife Aasiya ( Firaun's Wife )
3. Ishmael & Ishaq AHS Mohammed S.A.W

Now in all the above 3 cases given in the QURAN you will find that :
1. In this case We all know what happened with Abel & Caine who were the First Children of Adam AHS, the ones who received the knowledge and wisdom directly from their Father Adam AHS, the one living man who had Himself already lived in Heaven and sent down thereafter for disobedience... Could Any1 ask for a Greater Eye witness to the Truth and Punishment for Disobedience than ADAM AHS... yet we know what his children did ...
V/s

Ibrahim AHS whom we all know was born and brought up by a Man who was the CHIEF Sculpturor and Propogator of Idols.... so we know what knowledge and wisdom Ibrahim AHS must have received from His Father Azar.... yet Ibrahim AHS ever since a Child looked heavenwards for His Guidance and Knowledge ... the Wisdom andd Knowledge which should have GOING BY RATIONALE been the Inheritance of Abel & Caine became the Foundations of Ibrahim AHS... born centuries apart... yet Ibrahim AHS had a greater Trial than Abel & Caine ...

Such is the Wisdom of ALLAH swt .....

My friends - Allah swt is never unjust to his creatures... to the extent that even the cow lifts it hoof after delivering its calf so that it doesnt trample it but all of it is from the 1% of Rahmah which Allah swt sent down on Earth for all creatures and kept the remaining 99% for the DAY OF JUDGEMENT...

Even in Case 2 being born into a Muslim Family or for that Matter even to A PROPHET / MESSENGER or being the wife of a PROPHET / MESSENGER doesnt guarantee Guidance / Deliverance ...

Even in Case 3 though both exapmples are Prophets of Allah swt, yet the Trials with which Mohammed SAW was tried resulting in the degree to which Prophet saw rose ......

Moral : Lineage nor Birth makes a MAN but it is purely HIS / HER own deeds which determine the course of their Future and all Guidance rests with Allah swt.... THE FAIR ONE ,THE JUST , THE MERCIFUL , THE ALL KNOWING ( which we in our Limited Wisdom cannot fathom nor understand why He does what He does ) ...

and ALLAH KNOWS BEST ...

Salaam ...
bintNaim

Muslim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....bismillah......

I would say that both being a muslim born in a muslim family and in a non-muslim family, both have the advantages and disadvantages.

for me, it really does not matter if you are in either case, as long as we make dua to Allah to give us the blessings of eman and Guidance. Guidance is only from Allah and we must seek it in order to have it.

allahu'alam wa ana la adree
Silkworm

Muslim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islamically and as per what Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him] said that an Arab has no preference on Non-Arab and a Non-Arab has no preference over an Arab, so it doesn't matter if you are a born or a converted Muslim as long as you are sincerely following the religion of Islam, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.
safah

Muslim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silkworm wrote:

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

Very true...by the way welcome back bro silkworm.
Silkworm

Muslim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sis, how is everything??? Its been a long time, eh?
safah

Muslim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silkworm wrote:
Thank you Sis, how is everything??? Its been a long time, eh?
sorry for going off topic people.

Everything has been good Allahumdolila..your self? it seems like you dispear out of the blue.you know your wisdom is always needed here.
Silkworm

Muslim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry Sis, I will try my best to see that I bring myself here everyday.
Please convey my best Salaamz to your friends and family.
Ummu Finlandaa

Muslim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: in other way Reply with quote

one could think that a baby born in non-islamic family has the great opportuinity to find islaam later and becoming a muslim he has the change to wipe off all his previous sins! I think that is better than to be held responsible for everything... And after all, there is no guarantee that a person who is born in a muslim family will die as a muslim, because it takes devotion and constant study in islaam. Many people who have been born in muslim families neglect the sunnah of our prophet Muhammad sall Allaahu alaihi wa sallam as they think they dont have to, because the manners they learned at home are anyway islamic, which is not allways true. And Allaah and His messenger know best.

" There is no difference between people except in their eemaan."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Islamic Forum Index -> DawaNet All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1