Home Islam WebCast Forum Articles MultiMedia eCards

Islamic Library Quran Hadith Bible

Be notified of: Free Islamic GIFTS ! Islamic Competitions ! Special Islamic Promotions ! New Videos/Books/Articles/Etc And Much Much More !

Forum Conduct GuidelinesConduct Guidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Profiles Of Islamic Mentors

Free gift for all new members. Register/log in to receive your free gift

Islamic Divorce

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank-32

Non-muslim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Islamic Divorce Reply with quote

Hi I am a non Muslim man, a born UK citizen.

My ex girlfriend has recently been in contact, I have discovered that in the two years since we split she has since met a Muslim man and married him in a UK Mosque. (they are not married legally under UK law).

She tells me she is not very happy in the relationship and wishes to leave, but informs me it will not be so easy for her, she has mentioned issues of 'respect' and 'honour', I think she feels intimidated by the community she has entered, if she were to initiate proceedings to leave.

I understand she could petition an Islamic Court for divorce and also Renounce Islam - avoiding the 3 month 'cooling off' period as she would no longer be a Muslim, and in theory just walk away.

I would be pleased to know what the situation for her is likely to be, as I am quite worried for her, she is a quiet and sensitive lady, blond hair (not your typical Muslim I guess) .
I feel the local Muslim community would work hard to keep hold of her, despite her own will to in fact want to leave it.

Many Thanks
Frank-32
safah

Muslim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank,

As a Muslim she has the right to ask for her marriage to be annulled and there is no reason for her to feel intimated or renounce Islam to do so and the procedure is for her to contact an Islamic Shariah council.

Since I am not aware of the exact case can't comment as to how or why she chose not to go through a UK legal ceremony. Her blond (or otherwise) hair don't come into it as there are plenty of English women have converted to Islam without any issues.

If she requires any assistance please let us know and in the meantime one of the Shariah councils in Dewsbury can be contacted to have the marriage annulled.

http://www.islamictarbiyah.com/

If she feels threatened in anyway then she of course she seek assistance from the police.

Thanks
Frank-32

Non-muslim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply and your offer of advice, I am not sure if her comments of 'intimidation' were to seek my sympathy or not to be honest, - but when someone says that you take notice.
Yes I find it strange she did not go through with a UK civil marriage.

She made the decision to marry seriously, so I hope her decision to end her marriage is done in the same light.

Whilst seeking contact with me initially, she has now disappeared - I assume to sort out matters, which I'm happy to let her do, it is not my place as ex-boyfriend to be acting a mediator.

I am not sure if she will also renounce Islam, she has only been to a mosque once - and that was to get married.

Thank you for your link, she originally came from the Manchester area, so Dewsbury is not so far.

Thanks
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Islamic Forum Index -> Cyber Counselling All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1